Professional and Reliable Service for Over 80 Years

We’re Providing Service, Enforcing Added Safety

March 19, 2020 We’re-Providing-Service-Enforcing-Added-Safety

Hanson’s Plumbing & Heating considers its work to be essential, especially during periods of increased home isolation. At this time, we are not halting services. We are, however, enforcing added safety measures to help contain the spread of COVID-19.

What we’re doing

Currently we are taking important steps to ensure the safety and protection of our customers and employees.

  • Every week, employee uniforms get professionally dry cleaned. Dry cleaning is an effective way to kill germs on clothing. Each employee receives five uniforms a week.
  • Employees are instructed to self-assess their health and immediately report any symptoms they experience that could be related to COVID-19, such as a runny nose, cough, fever, or sore throat.
  • Employee contact within the building is limited.
  • An employee is prohibited from working if he or she shows signs of respiratory illness or COVID-19.
  • For the safety of our technicians, office staff is instructed to screen all incoming calls. We also ask about special requests, such as gloves or masks, before dispatching a technician to a customer’s home.

In addition to these and other procedures, we monitor websites for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, the Minnesota Department of Health, and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. We continually relay and follow updated recommendations for employee and workplace safety guidelines from these organizations.

Please note

We want our customers to be safe and informed. As far as we are aware, products such as air purifiers have NOT been specifically tested to determine their ability to kill or inactivate COVID-19. Please use caution when seeing or reading such claims.

If you have concerns about the air quality in your home, Hanson’s can install air purifiers and UV lights in ducted systems. These are valuable systems that can kill or inactivate up to 99% of germs, pollen, and mold. However, the status of COVID-19 within that remaining 1% is currently unknown.

Need products?

For even more added safety, Hanson’s will deliver or ship products to customers who do not wish to leave their homes or who want to limit exposure to others. If you need water softener salt, furnace filters, RO (reverse osmosis) or other water filters, humidifier pads, drain cleaning products, or other items, please contact us.

Leave a Reply