Get Smart About Climate-Controlled ComfortOctober 29, 2020
Advancements in technology continue to make aspects of our lives easier, saving us time, energy, and money. For homeowners, this could be something as simple as installing a smart thermostat. No matter the conditions outdoors, your home’s thermostat is a means for staying comfortable indoors. Keep reading to learn more and discover ways you can get smart about climate-controlled comfort.
The manual model is the oldest and simplest thermostat to use. The user sets a temperature that stays consistent until making another adjustment by hand.
A programmable thermostat allows homeowners to select different temperatures for different times of day. The idea is that a user sets the heating and cooling system to come on only when the home is occupied, thus saving energy. Most users, however, don’t understand how to effectively operate these instruments and end up using more energy as a result.
Behold: The Smart Thermostat
Smart thermostats operate user-free. They utilize sensors to determine when to heat or cool a room, based on when that room is occupied. These devices can delay temperature adjustments when no one is home, which reduces energy usage and expenses.
Which to Choose?
Your personal preference and even the layout of your home are factors to consider when choosing a user-friendly, smart thermostat.
- Learning thermostats recognize your routines and favored temperatures during the day and throughout the week. They then construct a climate-controlled comfort schedule based on that information.
- Connected thermostats offer remote programming and management. They connect through Wi-Fi, so homeowners can access and adjust temperatures from anywhere using a smart device.
- System-based zones control the temperature of individual rooms versus the whole house. They help save energy by only heating or cooling specific zones that are occupied during the day.
- System-based learning zones are the most progressive. These systems combine capabilities to control the temperature of each zone by learning when they’re most in use.
A smart thermostat is a great investment for your home if you:
- Have a busy or hectic schedule and want to eliminate the hassle of adjusting the thermostat
- Like the temperature of your home to be comfortable when you walk in the door
- Want to use your heating and cooling systems more efficiently
What’s more, smart thermostats can provide information on your home’s energy usage. This will help you recognize and manage any adjustments to further increase efficiency and save money.
If you’re looking for climate-controlled comfort that’s reliable, consistent, and convenient, turn to the experts at Hanson’s Plumbing & Heating. Our technicians are furnished with up-to-date training and technology and are always prepared to install a smart thermostat in your home.